Friday, January 20, 2012

Getting Into kindtree by Katie Clark

My mom was with a guy named Robert Pasley who found out of kindtree and they had him do karaoke for them at there camp retreat he did karaoke and started doing karaoke for some of there events him me and my mother went to one of there retreats in 2005 and did karaoke for them lots of people who joined the retreat really liked the karaoke and so we kept doing karaoke at the retreat as well as did karaoke at a few other of there events up until like i think the year before last year well Robert and my mom started having issues between each other and Robert had a health issue as well we stopped doing karaoke for kindtree. Well i really liked kindtree as i have Autism and became good friends with Mary Minn the president of kindtree i emailed her like in 2006 and we've been emailing ever since she has invited me to some of kindtrees events such as the autism artism and such she also invited me to the kindtree support group for adults with Aspergers and such i went for a while i liked it at first but then i realized i wasn't getting much out of it and so then when the Social skills group started by Michelle who founded kindtree and by Mary i started going to that and liked that much better we learn social skills one month and then the next month we go on a social outing somewhere well being social doesn't come as easy to those on the spectrum so having the group helps and going out somewhere and using our social skills helps.Me and Mary have hung just the two of us a few times its nice to have a friend who understands me well because she also has Autism she's probably the best friend I've had so far. Well since kindtree I've made quite a few friends then ever before and Mary is on the top of those friends i think.

2 comments:

  1. We missed you guys doing the Karaoke last summer. Everyone was asking for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were sorry things just happen between my mom and Robert and his health isn't as good as it use to be we would probably still be doing karaoke other wise if it weren't for those things.Well me and my mother may come to the retreat this year.

    ReplyDelete